A refrigerated warehouse for air freight consignments has been operating at the World Cargo Center at Leipzig/Halle Airport since 2017. It is therefore now possible to put complete aircraft consignments of temperature-sensitive goods into storage at the World Cargo Center. The facility has direct access to the apron area and therefore guarantees short transport routes to and from aircraft and trucks.
The configuration of the refrigeration center enables parallel storage of pharmaceutical items and perishable goods as well as temperature-sensitive products, which may not be stored or transported in frosty or hot conditions. They include measuring devices or production resources for the semi-conductor industry.
The commissioning of the site also marks the certification of the warehouse area according to the European “Good Distribution Practice” (GDP) standard. This quality system provides evidence of the excellent distribution practice for human medicines in terms of their storage at the site.
The temperature can be individually set in three separate areas. Access controls and video and temperature monitoring guarantee the highest standards of reliability.
Goods can be stored at temperatures ranging from +2°C to +25°C at the new refrigerated facility, which is operated by PortGround – a subsidiary of Mitteldeutsche Flughafen AG and the specialist for aircraft and freight handling.
- 400 m² of cold storage space for up to 24 ULD cooling units and 100 pallets
- Three individual temperature-controlled areas (2° C - 25°C)
- Unrivaled short distances to/from trucks/aircraft
- Secure and controlled access
- Temperature monitoring and checks
- Integrated messaging alert system and CCTV recording
- Handling by PortGround - a Regulated Agent and Authorized Economic Operator (AEO-F)
- Dedicated and consolidated temperature-controlled transportation to/from trucks/aircraft
- Parallel storage of perishables and/or pharmaceutical products
- ULD - insulation hoods available
- GDP - certified
- CEIV certification to be completed in 2019